WordPress Web Developer/Designer
Have you ever annoyed your relatives by critiquing the flow or functionality of their favorite websites? Do you frequently use words like “flow”, or “functionality”? Do you know what font this is? We’re looking for a person who wants to solve problems within an awesome culture and learn a few things along the way.
We need a Web Developer who is passionate about the web and loves to make user experiences fascinating and dynamic. Our ideal candidate is defined by creativity combined with strong coding skills utilizing the best development practices. Oh, and they’re a master at WordPress. Our customers demand great things for their custom solutions and need your communication and assurance that your innovative projects meet and exceed their expectations for the best Backflip experience possible.
Backflip is a creative marketing studio on the east side of Madison, trying to bring more truth, goodness, and beauty into the world—one project at a time. We make fully custom websites (built on WordPress) for brands who want something awesome.
What you get to do every day:
- Creatively problem-solve
- Tease out business requirements and complete functional and technical designs
- Drive and code solutions for customers that align with the customer’s brand
- Collaborate to deliver innovative, beautifully simple solutions to drive customer experience and satisfaction
- Exhibit strong communication and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
What you need:
3+ years doing WordPress/HTML/CSS/JS. Or awesome examples of your quality. Let’s be frank, if you rock at this stuff we don’t care how long you’ve worked elsewhere. Exceptional and demonstrable skill in:
- Customer service and effective communication, especially technical information
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- PHP (specifically in WordPress)
- WordPress Theming, Setup, and Operation
- Ability to iterate quickly turning PSD mockups into HTML and CSS, or through using a templating tool like Elementor
- GIT or other version management systems & an understanding of Linux
- Responsive Development
- Self-driven & detail oriented
- Creative design skills (this position may have separate design work as well)
- cPanel/WHM, Zendesk, Zapier/IFTTT, Hubspot, Knowledge of other frameworks like Angular, React, and Ruby on Rails
- Love of technology
To Apply: Résumé, examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org