Editor (85%) & Video Production Generalist (15%)
Date Prepared: 5/13/2021
Department: Video Production
Backflip is a creative marketing studio on the east side of Madison, trying to bring more truth, goodness, and beauty into the world—one project at a time. Our team of 8 professionals collaborates with our clients to create awesome videos, websites, branding, graphic design, digital marketing, and other marketing-related services.
CAREER POST DESCRIPTION
Backflip has a career opportunity, primarily as a video editor, working and learning alongside our talented lead editor.
This position also provides experience as a video production team member generalist. Starting where you have aptitude and interest and developing those skills further.
For all roles, the successful applicant must utilize strong communication skills, think creatively, solve problems, be organized, work collaboratively, and produce phenomenal work for clients and Backflip. We are looking for potential superstars that will likely grow and learn with Backflip for several years.
Duties include (but not limited to)
Video editing. Likely 85% of the position, depending on need.
- Edit videos using DaVinci Resolve or the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Creatively “write” videos with guidance from creative directors and lead editor
- Coordinate editing schedule and consistently beat milestones and deadlines
- On the job training to further develop your skills, optimize, implement, repeat
- Troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues pertaining to post-production
- Keep working drives and archive drives backed up and organized
- Assist in some design and motion graphics work
- Offer input and/or expertise in other technical areas as the need arises – web, design, UX, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES (video production team):
- Starting at your level of experience and aptitude – assist on video shoot days
- A natural progression includes performing duties that may include:
- Production Assistant
- Camera operating
- Set design
- Photography. Take on-set photos to promote work for both the clients and Backflip
- Line producing
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary or hourly/project rates
- Performance review after 3-6 months with an opportunity for a raise
- Bonuses based on personal and company performance
- Unlimited career opportunity as Backflip continues to grow fast!
- Contribute immediately and learn/grow in your profession as we go
- Dental/Vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy. Work / life balance
- Food/snacks and beverages (may or may not include a kegerator) plus many lunches
- Team activities (laser tag, texas hold’em tourney, video games, Christmas video, ping pong, award shows, movies, etc.)
- Fun creative environment
If you are still in college or otherwise are earlier in your career, we also offer part-time/internship positions. If you are interested in those, please specify that in your email.