In this Happy Hour podcast, Ryan and John chat surviving a human trafficking public awareness campaign with Rob Pero and Chad Melis.
The Let's Backflip Show - Happy Hour
Ryan Freng & Backflip
Let's explore Comedy, Commercials, Movies, TV and Business
- (5:42) Introductions.
- (6:52) Chad’s background.
- (8:35) Why are we here?
- (11;26) What is this project and why are we doing it?
- (14:20) Timeline.
- (15:08) From consumer outreach to a public awareness campaign.
- (19:04) How has this work affected Chad?
- (28:55) What has John’s experience been on this project?
- (30:50) Sphere of influence.
- (41:00) Stigma of judgement.
- (44:18) Distrust between law enforcement and reservations.
- (50:56) You are valuable.
- (57:20) How do you market a human trafficking awareness campaign?
- (1:01:55) Have there been challenges getting Minnesota to recognize it has a human trafficking problem?
- (1:06:24) Approaching different age/social groups when talking about human trafficking.
- (1:08:52) Using this work as training.
- (1:10:55) What is the scope of this project?
- (1:12:35) How has this project affected Chad’s family?
- (1:16:11) Two truths and a lie.